Win A Trip To 'The Runaways' Movie Premiere - Courtesy of Make Up For Ever
We at StyleList are excited about the upcoming movie, "The Runaways," and are obsessed with the awesome '70s rock & roll makeup looks in the film
Rock the smoky eye look with Make Up For Ever! Photo courtesy of Make Up For Ever
Our interview with lead makeup artist Robin Mathews got us even more pumped especially when she told us Joan Jett and Cherie Currie were on set every day to make sure the looks were authentic.
For all you fans out there, we're happy to report that Make Up For Ever (Mathews' brand of choice for recreating the iconic smoky eyes of "The Runaways") has posted two video tutorials on their website featuring Mathews herself doing step-by-step makeup applications and explaining how to recreate the looks she did on Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning. Check it out at makeupforeverusa/runaways.
"I designed 'The Runaways' eyes around Make Up For Ever Eye Shadows. Their highly pigmented Eye Shadows and Aqua Eyes eyeliners are silky smooth, blendable, and long lasting," says Mathews. "I finished each look with Smoky Lash mascara which is truly smudge proof, a necessity on and off stage."
While you're there, enter the sweet contest to win a trip to the NYC movie premiere on March 17th.
Um, awesome! Kristen, Dakota, Joan and Cherie hanging out on the red carpet. Not a bad way to spend a night, huh? Dig out your huge aviator sunglasses and start practicing your smoky eyes now!
Leave a Comment
Tags for Win A Trip To 'The Runaways' Movie Premiere - Courtesy of Make Up For Ever
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- Fall 2010 Beauty Recap - Team Backstage Beauty's Fashion Week Favorites
- Stila One Step Makeup - I Tried It!
- Purple Lab on HSN: A First-Person Account of the Studio Experience
- Purple Lab Launches on HSN
- Elie Tahari Fall 2010 - Backstage Beauty at Fashion Week
- Find a Lipstick That Won't End Up in the Garbage Can
- 'The Runaways' Makeup Artist Dishes About Authentic '70s Looks
- Chanel Rouge Coco Tote: Our Fashion Week Hightlight (and best press mailing, ever)
- Alexander McQueen: Beauty Beyond Our Wildest Dreams
- The Secret to Sade's Classic Lip Look