ThreeAsFour Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
Models at the ThreeAsFour Spring 2011 fashion show at New York Fashion Week, looked like extras out of Michael and Janet Jackson's "Scream" video, dressed in body conscious leotards with muted faces popped with silver tape around the eyes
The look at ThreeAsFour.
Makeup at threeASFOUR Spring 2011. Photo: Dana L. Oliver for StyleList MAKEUP: Andrea Helgadottir for MAC Cosmetics
SNAPSHOT: Contemporary Cool
THE SCOOP: Much like the fluidity found in threeASFOUR's Spring 2011 collection, lead makeup artist Andrea Helgadottir took a free-form approach to the makeup look. "There's a lot of contemporary stuff in the clothes so we came up with idea of using silver for the eyes," said Helgadottir. "We cut off pieces from material found upstairs [in their studio] and taped it onto the face."
GET THE MAKEUP: All makeup by M.A.C. Start with an even complexion using Face and Body Foundation. Brush brows upward and apply mascara on the upper lashes. Cut "C"-shaped silver confetti and apply to the inner corners of the eye using eyelash glue. Finish look by smoothing on a combination of Supremely Confident and Satin Myth Lipsticks.
Leave a Comment
Tags for ThreeAsFour Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- Donna Karan Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Monique Lhuillier Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Halston Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Erin Fetherston Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Carolina Herrera Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Victoria Beckham Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Zero + Maria Cornejo Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Tracy Reese Spring 2011 - Backstage Beauty
- Andy Warhol 'Pops' Up as Beauty Inspiration For Spring 2011 at New York Fashion Week