Stroke of Genius at Milan Fashion Week - Giorgio Armani's Artistic Eyebrows
Linda Cantello creates graphic eyebrows at Giorgio Armani during Milan Fashion Week to round out the Richard Hambleton-inspired collection
The saying life imitates art and art imitates life could definitely be used when referring to Giorgio Armani's Fall 2010 runway show at Milan Fashion Week.
With the works of Richard Hambleton as the backdrop for his presentation, Armani sent lythe ladies down a brick-colored catwalk in heavy black fabrics like velvet and fur imicking the darkness of Hambleton's "Shadowman" paintings.
Hambleton rose to fame in the late '70s - early '80s due to his "public art" that intertwined graffiti and crime scenes.
Last fall, Armani collaborated with curators Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld and Andy Valmorbida to present an exhibition of Hambleton's original paintings, including never-before-seen works. And now the pint-sized designer is reintroducing the legendary New York City-based street artist to the world through his fall collection.
Taking this artistic theme to the next level, Linda Cantello, the international makeup artist for Giorgio Armani's cosmetics division, painted on a second set of graphic eyebrows onto the models' faces. Using gray and hot pink lips pencils, Cantello drew sharp arches underneath their natural brows, reports Style.com.
Read about the trends as they're made! Visit our Backstage Beauty section for the lowdown on hair and makeup, and browse our entire Fashion Week section for runway reviews, celebrity gossip, and more stylish scoops.
Leave a Comment
Tags for Stroke of Genius at Milan Fashion Week - Giorgio Armani's Artistic Eyebrows
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- Love the Kardashians' Lashes? Now You Can Have Them Too
- Milan Fashion Week Weekend Roundup: Soft Smoky Eyes, Slicked Hair & Berry Lips
- Topshop to Launch Cosmetics in May
- YouTube Sister Pair Blair & Elle Folwer Are Youngest Makeup Artists At Fashion Week
- The Week in Beauty: Nicole Richie's Side Braid, Eyebrow Transplants & Microskin
- Sneak Peek: Sephora's Innovations for Summer 2010
- Win A Trip To 'The Runaways' Movie Premiere - Courtesy of Make Up For Ever
- Fall 2010 Beauty Recap - Team Backstage Beauty's Fashion Week Favorites
- Stila One Step Makeup - I Tried It!
- Purple Lab on HSN: A First-Person Account of the Studio Experience