Pretty In ... Ink? Fall's Black Lip Trend
Not sure how much you guys follow runway trends, but you might have heard that black lips are supposed to be a big thing this fall. Not the exact vinyl-shiny/goth ones seen on the runways, but a more sheer, "wearable" version.
Emphasis on the quote marks.
Lily Donaldson rocks black lips on the YSL runway. Both YSL and Lancome have come out with black lip glosses for the season; there's a waiting list at Bloomingdales for the latter (it's limited-edition). Some beauty bloggers are freaking out with excitement over these products, while I'm left thinking ... could there be anything attractive about a black-tinged mouth?
But admittedly, I do not fall anywhere near the category of makeup adventuress. So I wanted to poll you ladies: What do you think of the black-gloss trend? Is it a real trend, as in, will you or anyone you know actually want to try it this fall? (Halloween does not count.)
Leave a Comment
Tags for Pretty In ... Ink? Fall's Black Lip Trend
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- Kim: My Best Friend's Wedding (You Chose Her Hair And Makeup!)
- Do or Don't: Katy Perry's Red-Stained Lips And Green Eyes
- 9 Flattering New Beauty Tricks
- Red Alert: Fire-Engine Lipstick That Really Lasts
- Running in Lipstick around Central Park
- When A Product Is Discontinued And It Ruins Your Life
- Kate Hudson Perfects The Smoky Eye-Pink Lip Makeup Look
- Will You Throw Out Your Lipstick this Spring?
- Matching Your Lipstick To Your Accessories: Try It!
- Bizarre Beauty Tip Of The Day