L'Oreal Paris 2009 Women of Worth Honorees - Meet & Vote!
L'Oréal's 2009 Women of Worth Nominees. Clockwise from top left: Brittany Bergquist, Rhonda Ulmer, Halle Tecco, Brenda Murray, Lillian Collins, Shannon Lambert, Ora Rakestraw, Anne Ginther, Carol Reza, Maimah Karmo
Photos: Courtesy of L'Oréal It's time for the L'Oréal Paris 2009 Women of Worth Honorees and you get to help decide who will win top honor.
The L'Oréal Paris Women of Worth program started four years ago as a way to recognize women who go above and beyond to help their communities, and to celebrate the power of grassroots activism.
This year's honorees are creating change in so many ways. A few examples include providing reading and math assistance to school children, offering financial and emotional support to women affected by breast cancer, and providing phone cards to troops.
Each honoree receives ,000 for their cause and ,000 in their name towards the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, which is L'Oréal's charitable partner. And the honoree who receives the most consumer votes (that's where you come in!) will receive an additional ,000 from L'Oréal Paris for their cause. Not a bad chunk of change!
Go to the site to learn more about the inspiring women and the stories behind their important causes, and cast your vote for the women you think has made the greatest contribution to her community.
Leave a Comment
Tags for L'Oreal Paris 2009 Women of Worth Honorees - Meet & Vote!
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- File This Look Under "G" for Gorge
- Olsen Twins' Beauty Brand To Close
- Who Else Is Loving This Awesome Mismatched Eye Look?
- Bobbi Brown's New Mascara Breakthrough
- The Best of Your Best Eyeliner Tips In One Handy List
- What's Your Best Eyeliner Tip?
- Warning: This Picture of Drew Barrymore Will Make You Crave Pink-Red Lipstick
- Iridescent White Eye Shadow: I Know It Sounds Tacky, But Give It a Chance
- November Beauty Resolution: To Experiment With Bright Eyeliner
- Wow or WTF: A Cosmetics Case That Talks To You