How Do You Feel About Guys Wearing Makeup?
There’s a fine line between Johnny Depp and the guy who sits on your couch eating Teddy Grahams hand over fist. And it’s drawn with eyeliner. Yesterday, a friend asked me if I could recommend some eyeliner for a man
My first thought was, “Why on earth would your computer nerd hubby want that stuff?” Turns out she’s trying to improve a wannabe rocker’s image and thought a little stick of charcoal might help. (For the record, my favorite eyeliner as of 10:22am today is Make Up For Ever Kohl Pencil in Black.) Sign up for Glamour.com’s Style Tips of the Week and Beauty Tip of the Day newsletters!
We all have different opinions on men’s grooming. But we all agree he needs to at least be clean and smell nice. Amber's guy goes a step further and she's proud of her man’s moisturizing routine. Me, not so much: I laughed my head off when I found a gradual self-tanning lotion in my boyfriend’s bathroom.
So what about makeup? There are several makeup lines out there geared toward real-world guys, with everything from foundation and bronzer to eye shadow and mascara. And I’ve got to be honest here, I thought Johnny Depp was the hottest thing on the planet in Pirate’s Of The Caribbean movies there's something really sexy about Jack Sparrow’s smoky eye makeup.
But would I want to see that look on the guy I’m trying to snatch a box of delicious bear-shaped snacks away from? No way.
When is guyliner okay? Does it make a difference if he’s a rock star or an accountant?
Do you know any men who wear it? Click here if you missed Beth’s discussion on that mysterious guy from Lost with the super thick, dark lashes who only looks like he’s got on eye makeup.
Leave a Comment
Tags for How Do You Feel About Guys Wearing Makeup?
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- New York State Moves to Ban Fish Pedicures, Giving Nemo the Royal Flush
- Does Eyeliner Make Your Eyes Look Smaller? Here's a Trick For You
- Marc Jacobs in Makeup for NARS Book
- Beauty BLab - Kiss Breast Cancer Good-Bye
- Backstage Beauty: The 5 Best Makeup Looks From the Paris Runways
- What’s your beauty talent?
- Eye Look of the Day: Kim Kardashian's Pretty Peachy-Gold Shadow
- Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 - Big Haired Beauties With Bows
- It's Reader Appreciation Day! Check Out These Pretty Smiling Faces Wearing Bold Lipstick
- What Do You Use to Apply Your Foundation?