CoverGirl Debuts Queen Collection Concealer for Women of Color; Sam Fine Shares Tips on How to Pick Your Perfect Shade
If you're a woman of color, you probably know all too well what it's like to be relegated to one orange concealer shade at the end of a beauty brand's spectrum
But CoverGirl is looking to pave a new way with a full selection of deep, yellow-based concealer shades with the launch of their new Queen Collection concealer that is blended especially for darker complexions.
As a brand who works with Queen Latifah and who collaborates with celebrity and women of color makeup expert Sam Fine, we have a feeling they know what they're talking about here.
Fine has some time-tested advice on how to pick the right shade, now that you may be confused by having more choice than ever.
"Trial and error is the only way to find the right shade of concealer for your skin tone. Opt for a shade that is one or two shades lighter than your complexion to cover blemishes and dark spots. Test these products in the area that you're using it in if the concealer is going to be used underneath your eyes, then don't test it on your jawline!" Fine tells StyleList.
Another tip? Apply your foundation first, and don't forget your undereye area. Then when you apply your concealer on top, you'll have to use less and will save more product.
Priced at less than , the new wands are rolling out to drugstores nationwide this month.
Now that you've got your concealer under control, it's time to figure out foundation. Check out our tips on how not to look ashy.
Leave a Comment
Tags for CoverGirl Debuts Queen Collection Concealer for Women of Color; Sam Fine Shares Tips on How to Pick Your Perfect Shade
Make Up and Makeup Artist newest
- Sephora Launches BeautyTalk, an Online Community for the Beauty Obsessed
- Makeup Artist Gina Brooke Shares Madonna's Beauty Secrets
- Dolce & Gabbana Lip Jewels, Straight Off the Spring 2011 Runway
- Beauty Trends From Milan Fashion Week Spring 2011
- Adriana Lima on Losing Her Baby Weight, Bombshell Fragrance and DIY Workout Tricks
- Win a Harper's Bazaar Accessories Gift Bag - Worth More Than ,200
- Pretty, Competitive: Urban Decay's 'Manhunt' and Matrix's 'Mannequin Mania'
- Gwen Stefani on Red Lipstick, Harajuku Lovers & Career vs. Motherhood
- Givenchy Goes Red for Holiday 2010 with Vintage Makeup Collection
- Would You Wear It? Seven Fashion Week Trends to Try (or Not)
Make Up and Makeup Artist older
- New Lip Stain Launches Offer Something For Everyone
- It Cosmetics' New Brow Power Brow Pencil Helps Eyebrow Hair Grow Back
- Claire Danes Talks Lashes, Hair Experiments Gone Wrong and Jared Leto
- Estée Lauder Launches Blue Dahlia Color Line for Fall 2010
- Lancôme Launches French Coquettes Fall 2010 Makeup Collection - Pro Tips for a Flapper-Fab Eye!
- M.A.C. Rodarte Makeup Collection Will Benefit Juarez, Mexico Charities
- How to Match Your Makeup to Your Clothing
- Beyonce's Hot New L'Oréal Commercial, Plus Win Her Favorite Red Lipstick!
- Empire Beauty Students Pick the Industry's Best
- Tarina Tarantino Beauty to Launch on QVC Tonight